Rain falls hard for days. Cold, dark, dreariness foretells approaching autumn. We take shelter under slated roof, sit beneath warm glows of artificial sun, find warmth in love-sewn quilts and wait.
Sickness falls hard for days. Chills shiver, hot fever, fatigue overwhelms him. Under shelter of our slated roof, beneath warm glows and love-sewn quilts he sleeps. Family, friends and strangers pray and wait.
More hard news comes. Weariness floods and hope tarries. God reassures, "Rest in my faithfulness to provide, my sovreignty to know what's best. Trust me absolutely and wait."
Waiting is hard for impatient me. Thankfulness comes hard when loose ends are left untied and scattered across the floor. I like life neat, tidy, all tied up-not messy and undone.
But, I look around today--it's Thankful Thursday--and I see God:
- Floods rise all around, sparing our county. Thank you, Lord.
- Sunlight pierces darkness, warming earth. Thank you, Lord.
- Prayers rise, fever cools, strength forthcoming. Thank you, Lord.
- Love-sewn quilts washed, hung to dry in sun-soaked warmth. Thank you, Lord.
- Unexpected bills. God is Jehovah Jirah--my provider. Thank you, Lord.
- Saintly woman passes, meets Jesus face-to-face. Thank you Lord.
How's your week been? Will you share your Thankful Thursday blessings with us? Where did you see God today?
"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9