"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22"When the dog bites. When the bee stings. When I'm feeling sad. I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad." Familiar lyrics from The Sound of Music. Remember?
And in a week full of needs, sickness and stress God surrounds me with a few of my favorite things, cheers my heart and restores my soul:
- My family all gathered safe from distant lands
- Warm lemon tea with honey and modern medicine to relieve and heal
- Stacks of books
- Portable laptop and writing by the fire
- A story's first draft
- Handwritten thank you from a dear friend
- Electronic messages that encourage
- A new writers group full of dreams and hope
These are a few of my favorite things. What are some of your favorite things that bring comfort and pleasure, especially when you're under the weather?
Post a Comment