"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!" 2 Corinthians 9:15
Right this very minute my nose and toes are cold so I wrap them up in cozy fleece and slip right into warm fluffy scuffs. Pen in hand, I scratch my free flowing thoughts across the page hoping inspiration comes. Last week's schedule wore me out and I grasp for wisdom through it all - some tidbit to share and a God revelation.
But, God interrupts and whispers, "Right this very minute."
"What?" I ask.
"What are you thankful for, right this very minute?"
"Everything. I'm thankful for everything."
So, the list begins. Right this very minute, I'm thankful for:
- open piano music sitting above the ebony and ivory keys
- heat that warms during these cold autumn days
- full cupboards that nourish and satisfy this body
- a loving family
- celebrating my father's 81st birthday on Thursday
- forgiveness and fresh starts
- peace and quiet to think and listen
Every moment of every day, whether we notice it or not, God generously gives good gifts to His children. Have you noticed lately? Will you take the time and look around? What are you thankful for, right this very minute? Let's bless one another and God's heart.